What you need to know
- CARROT Weather 5.3 is now available for download.
- Users can film their own weather reports, use new Smart Layouts, and more.
The new update is in the App Store now.
Fans of the popular CARROT Weather app have a new update to download and this one adds a cool new feature for creating your own weather reports on the fly. Other improvements include new Smart Layouts and more.
Now available for download from the App Store, the CARROT Weather 5.3 update’s big headline feature is undoubtedly the ability to film your own weather reports. You can use a script that the app automatically generates for you or create your own, but the results are always going to look great. Users can create screenshots rather than videos if they’d prefer, too
Film your own TV-news-style Weather Reports to share with friends. Each video is just 30 seconds long, and all you have to do is read off the crazy script I generate for you. (Or switch to “unscripted mode” to improvise!) Just tap the Share button to get started.
Arguably more useful, the new Smart Layouts are CARROT’s way of surfacing the right weather information at the right time, like information about precipitation when it’s raining, for example.
Want to show a more precipitation-focused UI when it’s going to rain? Or promote the extended daily forecast to the top of the screen in the evening? Well, now I can intelligently switch your layouts for you! To set a layout as a Smart Layout, just visit the My Layouts screen. (Premium required.)
That’s not all, either. New air quality data is included, as is a bunch of new achievements for users to hunt down if that’s their kind of thing.
Other improvements include:
- The Current Observations section can now show active weather alert titles.
- The weather alerts screen will now show a list of active alerts if more than one weather alert is active.
- The “next day” summary now focuses more on upcoming changes to weather conditions.
- Added a “compact height” option for the Current Observations section.
- Added a “weather condition” data point for the Current Observations section.
- Added a “next 3 hours” timeframe for cards.
- Improved the feels like temperature calculations for Environment Canada.
Is it any wonder CARROT Weather is one of the best iPhone apps around?
All of this and more can be had in the CARROT Weather 5.3 update — available from the App Store now. The app is a free download with an optional subscription service available.